Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you’re supposed to. Stay home on New Year’s Eve if that’s what makes you happy. Skip the committee meeting. Cross the street to avoid making aimless chitchat with random acquaintances. Read. Cook. Run. Write a story. —Susan Cain, Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking (via h-o-r-n-g-r-y)
My hair looked really good today and no one important saw it. Story of my life.
10 Old Fashioned Dating Habits We Should Make Cool Again 1. Coming to the door to pick someone up.
2. Trying to dress really nicely for a date.
3. Bringing flowers or other tokens of affection to the first date.
4. Going dancing that’s not grinding on a grimy club floor.
5. Straightforwardly asking someone out and not calling it “hanging out.”
6. Additionally, being clear about when you’re “going steady.”
7. Romantic gestures like writing poems.
8. Turning electronics off and just being with one another.
9. The general concept of asking permission for things.
10. Not assuming sex is to be had at any point in time.
by Kate Bailey
My family is currently watching the One Direction movie, per my dad’s request, who has now renamed tonight “Boy band marathon Saturday night.”